What is Chlorophyll..?
- Chlorophyll is the green pigment of plants.
- It is referred as "Blood of Plants".
- Chlorophyll exists in Cytoplasmic Bodies called Chloroplasts within the individual CELL of plants.
- Plants use Carbon dioxide in the air, water and minerals from the soil and sunlight to produce food.
- This process is called "Photosynthesis".
The 3 main functions of K-Liquid Chlorophyll are :
- Cleansing - refers to detoxification and eliminating impurities from our body.
- Regulating - balances the hormones, acid and alkaline in our body.
- Nourishing - provides nutrients for healthy blood to increase the oxygen level and red blood count.
Alfalfa - Medicago Sativa
- Alfalfa in Arabic, means "Father of Food", because of its powerful healing properties.
- It grows for an height of 2 - 3 foot height, where as its root penetrates the earth about 100 feet depth and 30 feet wide.
- Resulting to high absorption of unpolluted minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium etc. from the bottom of the earth.
- The Romans and Chinese used Alfalfa as Medicine in 6th Century.
- Today Alfalfa is grown 80 million Acres worldwide.
- In USA alone 27 Million Acres grown.
K- Link Liquid Chlorophyll is extracted from the plant Alfalfa, known for its highly valued nutrients.
- There are 4 varieties with different color (White, yellow, Pink & Purple) flowers in this plant.
- The Purple colored plant contains the best amount of Nutrition.
- K- Link Chlorophyll is made only from the Purple-flowered variety to ensure highest quality.
Alfalfa contains 4 times the chlorophyll of other vegetables. It is a natural source of nutrients that is vital in stimulating good health.
Contents of Chlorophyll
1. Vitamin A
- Beta Carotene - Better Eye sight, resistance to infection, growth.
2. Vitamin B Complex
- Biotin B8 - Strengthens Immune System
- Choline - For Healthy Liver, nerve transmission, etc.
- Folic Acid B9 - Prevents Anemia, cardiovascular strength.
- Inositol - Prevents Hair Loss, fat metabolism.
- Pantothenic Acid B5 - Anti Stress Factor
- Pyridoxine B6 - The "Versatile Vitamin", nervous system, etc
3. Vitamin C
- Ascorbic Acid - "Anti-biotic", immune system.
4. Vitamin E
- Octaccosanol - Protect cells, membranes.
5. Vitamin K
- Prevent Hemorrhages, bone strength.
Minerals & Trace Elements (13)
- Calcium - For Healthy Skeletal system, and transporting oxygen through blood.
- Selenium - A Special Friend to Women.
- Silicon - The Beauty Mineral.
- Zinc - Hastens Healing.
- Potassium - Maintain Acid/Alkaline Balance.
- Phosphorus - The Body Energizer.
- Cobalt - Good for Red Blood cells.
- Chromium - Promotes Glucose Tolerance
- Manganese - Nourish Nerves & Brain; A.N. System
- Magnesium - The Anti stress Mineral. Effective Nerve & Muscle Function.
- Iron - Purifies the Blood, carry Oxygen.
Amino Acids (15)
- Arginine - For Normal Growth Immune system & Detoxification of Urea
- Aspartic Acid
- Glutamic Acid
- Histidine - Repair of Human Tissues & convert glucose into glycogen in lever.
- Isoleucine - Stimulates Essential Hormones.
- Leucine - Boosts Energy Level.
- Lysine - The Anti-Virus Factor.
- Methionine - Protects the Liver.
- Phenylalanine - For Weight Control.
- Threonine - Therapy for Mental illness.
- Tryptophan - Sleep inducing.
- Valine - Prevents Nervous Disorders
- Lipase - a fat splitting enzyme.
- Amylase - Acts on starch.
- Coagulase - Solidifies milk and clot blood.
- Emulsin - Acts upon Glucosides.
- Invertase - Converts sugar to dextrose.
- Peroxidase - Has an oxidising effect on blood.
- Pectinase - forms vegetable jelly from Pectin substance &
- Protese - Digests Protein.
- Sterol Compounds
- Phyto Estrogens
- K - Link Liquid Chlorophyll is Pure and Natural.
- It is extracted using sophisticated modern techniques and undergoes 15 types of process..
- It Extract Chlorophyll in Liquid Form, which is very easy for digestion.
- It is very much Concentrated. For every 42 Kg of Alfalfa Leaves, only 10 gram of purest Chlorophyll is arrived.
- The modern extracting process keeps all active enzymes and Minerals in the extract.
- It helps in Body's rapid assimilation of amino acid and for the synthesis of enzymes.
- No preservatives, or food Coloring Agents or Additives are added.
1 table spoon of chlorophyll = 1 Kg of green Vegetables
Why choose Alfalfa?
Alfalfa is chosen because it contains 4 times the chlorophyll of other vegetables. Its roots grow deep into the soil to absorb minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium and etc.
One table spoon of K-Liquid Chlorophyll is equivalent to 1 kg of vegetable consumption. It is a natural source of nutrient that is vital in stimulating good health.
Fights Free Radicals to Reduce Wrinkles & Aging
The chlorophyll in alfalfa contains antioxidants, which can help reduce free radicals in our body. Free radicals weaken our body, making us more susceptible to sickness. Free radicals are an active oxidized substance, generated by our own body through metabolism (breakdown of food and oxygen), that will destroy protein, lipid and DNA. It will affect normal cells to change and cause various diseases in the human body. Free radicals are a major contributor to ageing.
Chlorophyll is rich in:
- Zinc –Zinc combines with vitamin A to promote good health
- Selenium –Protects and energizes body cells
- Vitamin E –Anti-ageing, nourishes skin and keeps the brain active
- Vitamin C –Increases alertness and possesses anti-cancer properties
- Vitamin A –Strengthens the heart’s function and improves vision.
Other nutrients include protein, biotin, folic acid, pantothenic acid and minerals such as calcium, cobalt, chromium, phosphorus, silicon, potassium, manganese, magnesium and iron.
Promotes Cell Regeneration and Boosts the Immune System
Dr. Richard Willstatter and Dr. Hans Fisher have in 1915 and 1930 respectively received the Nobel Prize in Medicine and Chemistry for discovering the molecular structure of human red blood cells and chlorophyll. Due to this, chlorophyll is shown to promote cell regeneration and reproduction as well as assist in building up the immune system.
Blood Production Property
Nobel Prize recipients, Dr. Richard Willstatter and Dr. Hans Fisher further discovered that the only difference between red blood cells and chlorophyll is that chlorophyll has a magnesium atom in its nucleus while red blood cells have iron. Thus, chlorophyll can help in cases of anemia and other blood deficiency conditions.
Cleanses Body of Pesticides and Drug Residue Toxins
Nutritionist Prof. Bernard Jensen pointed out that chlorophyll is effective in reducing toxin caused by pesticides and drug residue by purging them from the body. He further observed that healthy people generally have higher blood counts compared to the sick. However, after high consumption of chlorophyll, the sick showed an increase in blood count and improved health.
Reduces the Body’s Problems
Scientist Offen Krantz found that chlorophyll is highly beneficial to patients with stomach ulcers. Chlorophyll complements the medication prescribed by doctors for stomach ulcers.
Improves Skin Problems, Beautifies Complexion
The New England Medical Journal reported that chlorophyll can help in controlling skin problems and internal infection. The American Journal of Surgery published findings by Temple University on the use of chlorophyll to treat surgical wounds and other similar conditions.
Dr. Bernard Jensen, a Well known Nutritionist and author of "The healing power of Chlorophyll" wrote some of its efficacies as follows :
- Inhibits bacterial growth
- Improves Oral health
- Improves heart function
- Eliminate body odour
- Alleviates ladies ailments
- Balances Acid and Alkaline Level in body.
- Increase Red Blood Cells.
- Improves Anemic condition.
- Soothes sore throat
- Reduces Asthmatic problems.
- Relieves joints and backbone problems
- Improves Urinary tract system
- Enhances Blood circulation
- Delays ageing process.
- Abates digestive problems
- Purifies blood
- Provides Iron to organ
- Detoxifies blood and acts as anti-cancer.
- Improves Cell Function
- Accelerates healing of wounds
- Reduces inflammation.
- Enhances Lung infection.
- Abates the risks of Bronchitis
- Improves functions of Thyroid Glands
- Enhances Metabolism
- Strengthens Immune system
- Stabilize body temperature
- Relieves Insomnia problem
- Alleviates pain.
- Improves Liver function.
- Improves Kidney function
- Improves Urinary tract functions.
Other Usage Benefits:
- It can be applied on the cuts and scratches as a first aid lotion.
- It can be used as after shave lotion.
- It can be used as Mouth Wash.
- It can be used on the scalp for better hair growth, and preventing dandruff.
- It can be kept inside the fridge
- It can be given to pets for better health.
How to use?
- Take one table spoon of K - Link Chlorophyll and mix it with 250 ml water.
- It is not a medicine, and hence it can be taken any amount, and any number of times.
- However, we recommend consuming 3 times a day, for a Healthy Living.
1 bottle = 500 ml Extract Chlorophyll.
Chlorophyll Scientific Support & Clinical Trial References
- Young R. and Beregi, J 1980: Use of Chlorophyll in the care of Geriatric patients. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 28:46-47
- Offenkrantz. W. 1950 : Water-Soluble Chlorophyll in the treatment of Peptic Ulcers of Long duration. Review of Gastroenterology 17:359-367
- Patek A. 1936: Chlorophyll & Regeneration of the Blood. Archives of Internal Medicine 57:73-84
- Rafsky H. and Krieger C.1948: The treatment of Intestinal diseases with solutions of water-soluble chlorophyll. Review of Gastroenterology 15:549-553
- Saunders C 1926: The Nutritional value of Chlorophyll as related to Hemoglobin formation. Proceedings of the society of Experimental Biology and Medicine (3172) P.788-789
- Smith L. 1955: The present status of Topical Chlorophyll therapy. The New York State Journal of Medicine. July 15, 1955. P.2041-2049
- Chlorophyll protects Cells from the Cytostatic and Cytotoxic effects of Quinacrine mustard but not of nitrogen mustard. Internal Oncology 2001 April: 18(4):849-53
- Caldwell J & Jackoby W., Eds. 1983: Biological Basis of Detoxification, Academic Press. New York.
- Carpenter E 1949: Clinical Experiences with Chlorophyll preparations with a particular reference to Chronic Osteomyelitis and Chronic Ulcers. American Journal of Surgery. Feb 1949.
- Hughes. J and Latner A. 1936: Chlorophyll and Hemoglobin regeneration after Hemorrhage. Journal of Physiology 86:388-395
- Lai, C 1978: Chlorophyll, The active factor in Wheat Sprout extracts inhibiting the metabolic activation of Carcinogens in Vetro. Nutritional Cancer 1:19-21.
- Millgrom L. 1985: Chlorophyll is thicker than water. New Scientist March 21. 1985, P 12
- In a one Month study 23 individuals with ulcerative Colitis (inflammation of the colon) received either 100cc of wheat grass juice or a placebo. The results showed that the group given the wheat grass juice was associated with significant reduction in the overall disease activity and the severity of rectal bleeding. There were no serious side effects. Wheat grass juice was demonstrated to be effective and safe for treating ulcerative colitis by itself or as an auxiliary treatment. - Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, 2002, Vol37, Iss4 pp 444-449
Remarks by Famous Scientists & Researchers about chlorophyll.
- Prof. Richard Willstatter & Prof. Hans Fischer (Noble Prize Recipients) : "Research on Chlorophyll indicated that it is to human blood cells except that the nuclei of human blood is Iron and chlorophyll is Magnesium. Therefore, it is essential to take chlorophyll after childbirth or if one is suffering from loss of blood.
- Emil Burge of Berne : Chlorophyll helps Anemia, improve general health condition, improves heart function and helps reduce blood pressure in cases where it is abnormally high. It stimulates peristalsis, improves intestinal health and stimulates metabolism system.
- Dr. Samuel, Jerome and Bernard Weiss : in the "American Journal of Gastro Entreology". "36 cases of bleeding ulcers were treated with Alfalfa concentrate. Every case shows tremendous improvement from within twelve to twenty-two days."
- Offen Krantz : Research Scientist - "Chlorophyll is useful for Peptic Ulcer".
- New England Journal of Medicine : "Chlorophyll is helpful to treat internal infections and skin problems."
- Dr. K. Venkatesan - Indian Herbal Medicine Association - It strengths Heart, stomach, respiratory system, joint pains, hair growth, diabetics, etc.
- American Journal of Cardiology 2003; 92 (6):665-669. High Dietary Magnesium intake reduces Risk of Coronary Heart disease. (Magnesium (Mg) deficiency is believed to have adverse cardiovascular consequences that are broad and compiled.) - CIMS-83/October 2003 (Update-4)